Monday, September 09, 2013

Ashamed


I'm ashamed to be part of this human race. Ashamed of our generation that just stood by as we killed this planet. Ashamed of how we single-handedly destroyed this once spectacular biosphere.

I'm ashamed of my friend who wrote to me "Sorry for the next generation, but I am glad that I'll be long gone when this planet gets hit by all the natural disasters brought about by human selfishness." She's the same one who said "So Tokyo is going host the 2020 Olympics.  Didn't think so when she became a candidate, but it definitely is exciting.  Hope it helps the economy as well as changing Japan in a positive manner."

I'm ashamed of Japan and our Dishonest Abe, though I suspect that PM Abe could more insane than dishonest. Or much more Machiavellian. 
"We have things under control."
Yeah. Like the media. Like the minds of the masses.


Nothing is under control at Fukushima. The spent fuel pool for Reactor Four is a veritable Sword of Damocles. Contaminated water is gushing into the ocean. Not a single person knows how to get it under control.

But Abe wants to just put a tarp over the whole matter and I am beginning to feel like the rest of the country does, too. "If we stop thinking about it, it will go away." "Yes, we CAN ignore it forever."

A whole segment of Japan is being cut off and forgotten. Fukushima is being sacrificed. Japan's good at playing dumb when it comes to inconvenient truths.

This isn't the first time. Okinawa was sacrificed during World War II. Hundreds of thousands of young men and women were sacrificed. Hundreds of thousands of regular people -- old folks, mothers, fathers, children -- were sacrificed. All for the greed of a few.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home