Monday, April 30, 2012

Awwww Therapy


"Come look," Feather whispered to me.

Big Dog and I were up in Arcata, staying with Arby and Feather and their 3 cats.

I followed Feather down the hall to their room.

"Look," she sighed. "Isn't it the cutest sight?"

Spaz Cat was in bed, tucked under the sheets like a little baby.

"It's our 'awwww' moment for the day. It's good for the bones."
Huh?
Feather went on to explain that moments of intense cuteness stimulate you into producing more female hormone, thereby preventing osteoporosis. Hmmm. She could have something there.

"What's that term in Japanese?" asked Arby. "Kowai?"
"Actually, kowai is scary. Kawaii is cute."
"Kawaii."
"Yeah. Maybe that's what I need. More kawaii in my life."
Big Dog snickered.
"You? Kawaii? There's not the slightest whiff of kawaii about you," he laughed. "Look at her! All in black... She used to wear coveralls and smoke cigars!"
"Long before it was sort of trendy."

But maybe that's my problem. I've decided to make more of an effort to seek out the kawaii moments. Like Feather says, it'll be good for my bones. We can all use a bit of Awwww Therapy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home