Friday, September 07, 2007

Milestone

I've been enjoying a non-blogging week. (Sorry to make you come here for nothing the last few days!) Mostly because it was Birthday Week. Or maybe I should say WeekS.

Big Dog and I are both Virgos. In fact, our birthdays are only 2 days apart. The strange thing about Virgos is that they tend to find other Virgos. They also make a Big Deal about it. I've never met a Virgo who didn't think that she/he was somehow special because of that. We think we're great. Everyone else probably thinks we're anal-retentive Nazis. Maybe that's why only BD and I can stand each other!

You are the logical type and hate disorder. This nit-picking is sickening to your friends. You are cold and unemotional. Virgos make good bus drivers and pimps.

That was part of an email joke circulating several years ago, describing the characteristics of different Zodiac signs. I found an abbreviated version here.

I am sure I have more non-Virgo friends, but I seem to remember the Virgo birthdays more and in the last couple of weeks have sent out greetings to my former radio colleague, my best friend in Tokyo another friend of 35 years... Big Dog's friend came over to spend his 60th birthday with us, Horse Girl turned 16 on the day she got back from Iceland… the list goes on. And in the madness, I quietly greeted another milestone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Me too. My birthday was on the 31st. And I know since you are another virgo you must be a fabulous person too ^_^

thanks for visiting my blog!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy milestone! and to Big D too. i'd say you two are pretty darn cool, virgo or not.

5:35 PM  
Blogger bad-dog said...

Happy Birthday, Judy! Should have known you were a virgo, too!! Love your primordial sea composition. You are so amazingly talented!

Thanks, shimmery footsteps! I've been enjoying your recent frequent postings -- you sound...inspired! Yeah!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home