Monday, July 30, 2007

Quick Update

Okay, so it took me a week to update my blog. And I am still behind on my "doodle-a-day" project. So, just a quick update on what's been going on here the last week:

- we got trained to take care of the horses while Horse Girl's Mom was on vacation
- Red, the caretaker, and his wife who were here in their RV taking care of the ranch for us while we were gone, left for the rest of the summer
- Wendy, the red hen that Big Dog and I called "Red" until the other "Red" showed up, died a mysterious death
- each day the peaches and plums get better and better
- painted the trim on the garden shed
- mended the retaining wall that was falling down
- we met the rattlesnake that lives near the chicken coop (which is also near the rats nest.)
- Big Dog's extended family showed up for the weekend and filled our house so much that we wound up sleeping on the floor in JD's house
- they left yesterday without the DogFather, who will stay on for another week
- Pooka is back

And now I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home