Monday, April 02, 2007

Moving On

After Mom left Hawaii on Wednesday, we slowly got back to our Teen Dogs mode. Fortunately, the very dead surf picked up over the weekend and we were able to get in two fantastic days of bodyboarding before moving on…today.

But what now? Where to? Sure, there's our flight back to LA and then Easter with the Dog Family, but then what?

"To the ranch for the rest of spring and early summer? I'll bet it's beautiful now," I suggested.
Big Dog said nothing, so I kept throwing suggestions out.
"Arcata? You also mentioned wanting to get to Arizona to pick up some of your stuff…"
"With gas prices what they are, I don't really want to be driving around the States much," BD interrupted.
"Okay… why not go to Mexico and then keep traveling south and maybe we'll get to Rio in time for B & G's wedding in August."
"What, and travel overland to Brazil?! I did that. 30 odd years ago when I was 30 odd years younger and it was tough then. I'm not doing that again. Not at this age."
"So, I guess if I want to do that, I'll just have to do it on my own?"
"Guess so."

We are still tossing around locations like "Guatemala" "Cuba" and "Baja" but who knows. It's funny. I never knew where my life was going, even when I was stuck in Tokyo. I knew I had to get out and always had one foot out the door. If people asked me "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?" I would have had to answer "I can't," but now, I don't even know where I'll be in two weeks! Don't you love this adventure called LIFE?Gonna miss the fantastic flora of this State, like the sexy hibiscus above!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home