Friday, October 17, 2008

Bad Blogger Dog

Yes, I've been a Very Bad Blogger indeed. So, first, big apologies to those of you who've kept checking this blog all these weeks. Do you want to hear my excuses for being so negligent?
1) I was going through a bizarre period of darkness: reexamining my earlier life choices, bouncing from self-pity to self-loathing... It culminated in a barf-a-thon one night. All the psychological toxins spewed out and that was that. However...
2) A few days later, my laptop died. Maybe it was all the darkness I was pouring into it. My old Titanium PowerBook that I had forever never had problems but the MacBook I bought as a replacement after the old one was stolen is not nearly as hardy. Fortunately, since the disaster last year, I've been pretty good about backing up, so while it was a bummer to have to lose my entire hard drive, in fact, I only lost about a week's worth of data. Thank you, Time Machine! (And thank you, Gary and team at the Mac Superstore in San Luis Obispo!) But...
3) Right after getting my laptop back, Big Dog and I left the ranch and spent 5 lovely days in Humboldt County. I see there's a MOVIE about the place now. "Ugh," grimaced Big Dog. "It'll just perpetuate everyone's stereotype of Humboldt." "...and attract all the wrong kinds of people," I added. We cat sat for some friends (see previous entry) who had marvelous high speed internet, but because we were working our butts off doing yard work at Big Dog's Victorian (now occupied by three students) we didn't have the time or energy to take advantage of it. And...
4) I've been more than a little distracted by U.S. politics and economy (which are pretty much the same thing these days!)

Now, we are back at the ranch and in countdown mode. Our Season of Eden is ending in about ten days. Lots to tidy up, lots to do before we fly south. I think, though, that I will take it slow today and enjoy the stunning land around me. Some of the leaves are changing colors, the valley is dotted orange with pumpkins, the sky is the kind of blue you only get in autumn, the air is sweet and the water is delicious. Ahhhhh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home