Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Realm of the Senses

They say that when you lose one ability, your body covers for you by developing another. You know, like the guy who loses his sight but then gains extraordinary hearing. Or the woman with no arms or legs who can do everything with her mouth/lips. (Hey, you, stop imagining that!)

A couple of Very Loud Rock Gigs have, I think, permanently damaged hearing in my right ear for certain frequencies. It's not a recent thing at all, but I've noticed in the last few days that my sense of smell is Very Pronounced. I've been woken up by coffee brewing a block away. A dead fish on the beach is so putrid I have to run away, but no one else seems to notice. It's more of a hindrance than a gift.

My memory is also in need of either a massive tune-up or more RAM. What will come to replace this waning function? I am hoping for x-ray vision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home