Monday, February 16, 2009

Afterthought

After posting my last entry, I started wondering why I never even considered a one-piece bathing suit. It's not like I have anything against them and I have owned several in my life.

Partly it's my love of sunshine and having grown up in an age when sunshine was GOOD. (Funny how what was GOOD when we were kids is now bad, while many of the things that were considered BAD are now GOOD. When bad things become good, it's easy to rush towards them, but when good things become bad, we aren't as quick to run away.) Also I believe that exposure is not necessarily exhibitionism (though I must be more of an exhibitionist than your average person or I wouldn't have spent most of my adult life in media.)

Or maybe I'm just afraid that one day a one-piece is all I'll be able to wear in public. And once that line is crossed, there will be no un-crossing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are very few benefits about getting older. But one is being more accepting, more relaxed, aquiring a sense of humour about life's absurdities.
But having read your last two posts, I must conclude that when it comes to swim suits, you have preserved teenage angst unabated.
Or perhaps being in media for so long, you have concentrated on appearance and presentation and have forgotten what what you want, what just feels good.
Let it all hang out.

5:56 AM  
Blogger bad-dog said...

Thank you. I think swimsuit angst gets worse with age. I was fine with my flat chest and scrawny bod most of my life.

But funny you should mention that about being more accepting as you grow. I never would have posted something so...unflattering? (I mean, listen to me! I am so damn self-absorbed!!) even a few months ago. Yes, I AM learning to let it all hang out.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home