Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happiness is a Warm Gun

In my case, happiness is a flowing caulk gun.

Last Tuesday, I left Tokyo at 6pm and by 4:30pm the very same day, I was back on the work crew on the other side of the Pacific. Lucky for me, I love detail work and find caulking to be one of the most satisfying things to do! The concentration, the delicate balance between caulk flow and gun movement, the feeling of complete satisfaction when the line is straight and even and oh-so-perfect!

But now, most of the work is done. It's our final week behind the Redwood Curtain. The weather has been gorgeous and neighbors are starting their own summer home repair projects. Do they need a girl with a (caulk) gun? She's really, really good...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like arc-welding. When it is going right, the flame caresses the parent metal to melt it, the puddle of rod metal flows between the piecces being joined, and the sound is steady like hot frying bacon. The flame length has to be kept constant as the rod burns away, and nicely angled and positioned to direct the heat to both pieces. It is meditation but with a useful and tangible result.
I have never had the occasion to use a hot caulk gun. I am sure I would like to.
I think you would like welding.
Paul

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home